Dearest Morgan
So I finally made it to Yogja and you are not here!
I guess the waves are better some where else at this time of the year
Or are you hanging off a cliff in Africa or sking in Japan as you had planned?
Where ever you are Brother, send me a post card
I miss you
It is a crazy place, this place you have come to love so much
Traffic rules dont apply and scooters are a go go
"Look out!" is all I can say
Been getting around 'Jakarta style', with a driver.
Staying in a 5 star hotel, nothing like South America
I think you might like it, on the other hand, maybe not
Nila tells me you were mastering the language
And by all accounts your were embracing the culture
And had all the surf locations mapped out
I would expect nothing less
I have been here two days and it feels like forever
I guess that's because you are not here to show me around
I went to find you today
Well I got close any way
I left you some flowers, hope you can see them
It was pretty messy out there, but you know that
Guess the brakes did not work, the skid marks tell the story
People everywhere are trying to find out what happened
It will not change any thing but I know that is what you would have wanted
It is just like you to get to the bottom of it all
And I think the guys here are doing a good job
You would appreciate their efforts at uncovering the truth
I had my first ever press conference
As I was sitting there preparing I thought to myself "What the hell would you do?"
But you would be on the other side asking me the questions
I hope I did you proud big brother
You know that they are still trying to formally identify you
Seems that being fit and healthy at this point is doing bugger all to make it easier for them
And the fact that you have not been to the dentist since 1991 is not great either!
I have given them some great photos of you, hope that helps
But turns out it might have to come down to DNA
Mum and Dad have done it CSI style and had their cheeks swabbed
And now they await your mankey toothbrush from home to get some of your DNA
I have a posse with me at the moment that is making life a tad easier
They organsise the jets and the hotels and the cars
I tell you Morgs you should be here, doing it like a rockstar
But, I would give it all up just to see you again
Mum is being a rock star also, she would smash a camera if she had to
She is not loving the press or the journos
She says the world can have you as Morgan Mellish
Walkly award winner and great Foreign Correspondent
But let me have him as my Son
To me you will always be my Brother
The boy I shared a room with and threw Action men out the Possum Room window with
The guy who introduced me to all those Shore boys
And taught me to run across Military Road with out losing my hat
As we made a mad dash for the 630
The kid I did the most death defying billy cart runs and tree house building with
You will always be the cool older brother
Who when I went to visit you one year at Uni ( I was about 15)
Had a house party and allowed me to stay up
More empty beer bottles I had never seen
And in later years you were, and always will be a constant sourse of amazement
You taught me how to embrace life
Seek the good in all and try and make a differnce
You made me laugh a lot, and cry
(If he has ever given you a dead arm you know what I mean)
We have had some great adventures, you and me
And I will never ever forget you
You know where to find me Larry when you decide to come home
And, if life is too wonderful out there
Never forget, there are many people who love you and will never forget you
I will see you in the blue room bro'
And remember
Between what you know and what you wish lies the secret of the big blue.
''SEE YOU WHEN YOU COME BACK IN''
Safe travels. XOXOc
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just want to say that I did not know Morgan but a friend of his forwarded the sad news to me. Just reading this site for him has given me hope that there are really special people out there in this world. He has left us too early and I am so sorry I never had the honour of knowing him. RIP Morgan.
God bless, Lucy C. We are so sorry, and thinking about/praying for you.
Love, the Jensens
Post a Comment