Like Katya and VC I have many childhood memories of the times we spent together, I hold one particular memory of Morgan and I being sent to the nearby shops at Parriwi Junction to buy potatoes and running whilst creating a silly jingle about the task we had been given, an odd, ill-defined memory without context but strangely detailed in my mind.
I ran into Morgan at Hamilton Island race week a couple of years back, he looked the same as he does in all the photos posted on this site, casual, relaxed and completely at ease with the world.
A much loved and highly respected man whose life has been tragically cut short, may the winds be fair and the sea calm wherever it is you are sailing, I wish you safe passage Morgan.
My deepest sympathies to Dawn, Peter, Lucy and Caroline.
On the wall of Morgan's office, in the background of the photo above, is a photocopied article that Morgan's predecessor and friend, Andrew Burrell, had left behind.
Andrew pointed out to me that it's translation is "HOWARD KISSES BUSH'S ARSE" or words to that effect.
A subtle hint at what he really felt or some sort of oversight when taking the picture!?!?
2 comments:
Somehow this shot says it all ... we love you Morgs and are going to miss you, big time.
Huntsman
Like Katya and VC I have many childhood memories of the times we spent together, I hold one particular memory of Morgan and I being sent to the nearby shops at Parriwi Junction to buy potatoes and running whilst creating a silly jingle about the task we had been given, an odd, ill-defined memory without context but strangely detailed in my mind.
I ran into Morgan at Hamilton Island race week a couple of years back, he looked the same as he does in all the photos posted on this site, casual, relaxed and completely at ease with the world.
A much loved and highly respected man whose life has been tragically cut short, may the winds be fair and the sea calm wherever it is you are sailing, I wish you safe passage Morgan.
My deepest sympathies to Dawn, Peter, Lucy and Caroline.
Jason Rowledge
Post a Comment