Tuesday, March 13, 2007

That'll teach me to 'drop in'!!

I saw a sticker on a car that said “The best surfer is the one having the most fun”.
That’s Morgs.
Over the falls - he pisses himself laughing.
I remember your first Aloha – you saved up for it working at the 7-11.
I cut it in two on its first weekend in the water with a tank of a board I could neither steer nor control.
You thought it was hilarious.
“That’ll teach me to drop in” you laughed – back to 7-11 – eat more donuts.
I last saw Morgs down at Curly – the surf was perfect.
We lost each other in the waves but talked the next day.
Turns out he spent the whole day there, including a three hour sleep in his car waiting for the tide to change – “Couldn’t leave – it was too good” he said.
Morgs saw the good in stuff – the humour – that stupid grin.
I’ll miss you Morgan.
Must have seen you twenty times in the waves last weekend – hopefully always will.

David T

No comments: