Morgan and I have been friends for 33 years with many happy memories. Perhaps some of the strongest memories were when we went climbing together.
One of Morg's favorite climbs was called the ‘Edge of Pleasure’.
In Victoria there is a mountain called Mt Buffalo. On top of Mt Buffalo is a windy road that goes past an outcrop of rocks called The Cathedral. On the back of the Cathedral is a 60m climb called the ‘Edge of Pleasure’. The second half of the climb is a knife edge arĂȘte where you can fall off either side. Morgan lead that half. At the top we breathed in life, soaked in the view and talked of future plans. I tell this story because in some way Morgan lived on the edge of pleasure.
It’s been two weeks since Morgan died and I have been so sad. I’ve written four speeches, but they were all just words. I took out what was not important, and it all came down to “Morgs, I’m going to miss you”.
I’m going to miss the way you start running to the beach when you get close. I’m going to miss waking in the morning, camping with you. I’m going to miss your smile always daring me to do something.
Next week I’m going to get on with my life, but I’m never going to forget you.
Morgan you will always live in my heart.
Simon Dale
Wednesday 21st March 2007
St Andrew's Cathedral
2 comments:
Dear Simon
My heart has been breaking for you guys and Morgan's family since I heard.
I know how important he was to each of you and what fun he brought to every activity whether it be a race from the car to the surf or daring us to jump off a 30 foot cliff...
This blog has been an amazing celebration of his life and everything that was important to him.
I have been thinking of those left behind - if you need a friend - my email is : juliana.crofts@lehman.com
Love - Jubes
great speech Simon - I will never forget that week of camping and climbing in Mt Buffalo Vic all together... You and Morgan helped me experience the thrill of another outdoor adventure on the edge of a rocky face.
Those experiences will forever live on in his memory.
cheers
Dev
Post a Comment