It is hard not to use the old cliche's to describe devastating loss of Morgan, ( or Henry Saxon Morgan Mellish the 3rd as we loved to call him, or just Morgs!), as he was one of those guys who you loved 5 minutes after meeting.I was priviledged to meet Morgan at ANU and I want to share a story which has always summed up the free spirit that he was.
Whilst sitting together on the steps of his rented house in Scrivener Street, Lyneham, taking a break from studying for Eco III final exams, looking at our bare feet, I turned to Morgan and said, "Don't you think feet are the ugliest part of the human body?"
Morgan replied. ' NO, I love my feet, without my feet I could not go walking , go surfing, go anywhere! I love my feet!', and so he did.
They took him often out into the ocean to catch that ultimate wave, to the pub to have a beer or three, or to an off shore world to catch the ultimate story.
He was a magical man, a true gentleman, and a larikan, completely comfortable in all company and to so many a true friend.
He will be sorely missed and his web is so wide, but for me, I am just glad that I was touched by the Morgan brush.
My sympathy especially goes to all his family who must be shattered.
My heart bleeds for you and I will keep you in my prayers.
Katie Hudson
ANU and John XXIII friend