Thursday, March 8, 2007

Sunset


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo Dev.
My photos are in storage but I know there are a couple of ANU ones, including a fresh faced Morgan. He was trendy and he was solid. It was nearly 20 years ago during the Bicentennial that we first met. I stayed in touch with Morgan as his career moved into journalism and I marvelled at the sheer enthusiasm he showed for everything he did. Whenever you spent time with Morgan you felt energised but grounded at the same time. A remarkable individual and a great loss to us all. It was a great privilege to have known such a great guy.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Morgan too well at Uni... wish I did.

It was always so refreshing to see Morgan in the corridors and lifts at Fairfax, we always said G'day. He was easy to spot, a ray of sunshine and colour in the midst of the corporate blue suits.

Personally, and on behalf Publishing Services, NSW, I hope that Morgan's family and friends can draw comfort in knowing that Morgan was so well regarded by so many. Our thoughts are with you all.

Melanie Birt

Dev D said...

This shot was taken on his first trip to NYC in 05. We hit my favourite spot for sunset on a Sunday afternoon high on a hotel rooftop in Soho and it was somewhere I knew he would enjoy. Morgs always liked being inspired and I think he agreed this was a terrific place to reflect on the week that was in the city.

He loved the thought of adventure and we spend this night speaking of his world travels which began immediately after NYC. He told me about all the places he'd be going and this trip would allow him to define his next phase in life. I always thought that in this shot he was literally 'on top of life' just about to start his world adventure the following week...

Anonymous said...

Remembering the ANU days fondly. So shocked and saddened by the news. Morgan was one of the good guys and it was an honour to have known him. He always said he was going to be a journo...I'm sure that's one of the (many) reasons I thought he was so great!
Think of him and smile old friends.